Kingfisher Airlines Facts
Airline group based in India
- Kingfisher Airlines is an airline group owned by United Breweries Group.
- It was established in 2003 and started commercial operations on May 9, 2005. It's first operations were four new Airbus A320-200s operating a flight from Mumbai to Delhi
- Its headquarters is in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The Bengaluru International Airport (Bangalore) is its primary hub.
- The International operations of Kingfisher airlines started on September 3, 2008. The first international flight of the airline was from Bengaluru to London
- It has a 50% stake in Kingfisher Red
- Kingfisher Airlines is awarded a 5-star rating by Skytrax, making it one of the only seven airlines to get the distinction. It also owns the Skytrax award for India's best airline of the year 2011.
- The Airlines operate 375 daily flights to 71 destinations within and to outside India.
- Kingfisher Airlines became a member elect of the Oneworld airline alliance on June 7, 2010
- It won the award for India's best airliner in 2011 by Skytrax
- Kingfisher Airlines has codeshare agreements with American Airlines, British Airways and Philippine Airlines
- The Airlines are yet to post profit on annual & total cost basis since its inception
- It went restructuring Rs. 8,000 crore debt in November 2010
- Kingfisher Airlines is a public company and is listed in Bombay Stock Exchange with the symbol KFA
- Dr. Vijay Mallya is its Chairman and Managing Director. Sanjay Aggarwal is its CEO and Hitesh Patel is its Executive Vice-President.
- Slogan of Kingfisher Airlines is "Fly The Good Times"
- Until December 2011, Kingfisher Airlines had the second largest share in India's domestic air travel market. However due to the severe financial crisis faced by the airline, it has the fifth largest market share currently, only above GoAir.