French apparel company
- Lacoste was founded in 1933 by Rene Lacoste, Andre Gillier.
- The green crocodile is the Lacoste logo.
- The company sells high-end clothing, footwear, perfume, leather goods, watches, eyewear, tennis shirts and more recently a home line of sheeting and towels.
- Lacoste had a long standing dispute over the logo and clothing lines with Crocodile Garments.
- In June 2007, Lacoste introduced their very first e-commerce site for the U.S. market.
- In July 2011, Lacoste was the subject of a report by the environmental group Greenpeace entitled 'Dirty Laundry'.In December 2011 Lacoste was accused of censoring the work of Palestinian artist Larissa Sansour.