Lil Wayne Facts
American hip hop recording artist
- Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. is the actual name of Lil Wayne.
- He was born on September 27, 1982.
- He is an American hip hop recording artist from New Orleans, Louisiana.
- At the age of nine, in 1991, he joined Cash Money Records as the youngest member of the label, and half of the duo, The B.G.'z, with fellow New Orleans-based rapper B.G..
- In 1996, he joined Southern hip hop group Hot Boys, which also included rappers Juvenile, B.G., and Young Turk.
- He gained most of his success with the group's major selling album Guerrilla Warfare (1999).
- Rebirth (2010) is his debut rock album.
- In March 2010, he began serving an 8-month prison sentence in New York after being convicted of criminal possession of a weapon stemming from an incident in July 2007.
- I Am Not a Human Being (2010) was released during his prison sentence.
- His ninth album and first since his release, Tha Carter IV (2011), sold 964,000 copies in its first week of availability in the U.S.
- On September 27, 2012, he passed Elvis Presley as the male with the most entries on the Billboard Hot 100 chart with 109 songs.