Liverpool Football Club Facts
Liverpool-based English Premier League football club
- Liverpool Football Club is an English Premier League football club based in Liverpool.
- The club has won eighteen League titles, seven FA Cups and a record eight League Cups.
- The club has won more European titles than any other English club, having won five European Cups, three UEFA Cups and three UEFA Super Cups.
- The club was founded in 1892 and joined the Football League the following year.
- The club was founded following a dispute between the Everton committee and John Houlding, club president and owner of the land at Anfield.
- In the Heysel Stadium disaster in 1985 in which charging Liverpool fans caused a wall to collapse, killing 39 Juventus supporters.
- In the 1989 Hillsborough disaster, 96 Liverpool supporters lost their lives in a crush against perimeter fencing.
- The club's anthem is "You'll Never Walk Alone".
- Liverpool reached its first FA Cup Final in 1914, losing 1–0 to Burnley It won consecutive League championships in 1922 and 1923, but did not win another trophy until the 1946–47 season.