Los Angeles Dodgers Facts
Professional baseball team located in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Dodgers was established in 1883 at Brooklyn, New York.
- It is called Brooklyn Dodgers in the early days.
- The team joined the American Association in 1884 and won the AA championship in 1889 before joining the National League in 1890.
- Real estate businessman Walter O'Malley had acquired majority ownership of the Dodgers in 1950.
- The team moved to Los Angeles before the 1958 season. They were the first Major League Baseball team to ever play in Los Angeles.
- The Dodgers have won six World Series titles and 21 National League pennants.
- It is the first MLB team to employ a female lead trainer when Sue Falsone was employed in 2012.