Louis Smith Facts
- Louis Antoine Smith is an English artistic gymnast from Eye near Peterborough.
- He specializes in Pommel horse category.
- He born 22 April 1989 in Peterborough, England.
- He went to school at Arthur Mellows Village College in Glinton near Peterborough.
- His mother Elaine Petch is a big influence on him.
- He was diagnosed with ADHD as a child.
- At 7, he was offered a choral scholarship, but instead chose to focus on gymnastics.
- He first learned to use the pommel by putting his feet in a bucket that was tied to a rope and hung from a ceiling
- He auditioned unsuccessfully for the British television music competition The X Factor in 2008.
- He partnered with Flavia Cacace in the 10th season of the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing, and the couple emerged overall winners of the competition.
- He is a member of the Huntingdon Gymnastics club, training alongside teammate Daniel Keatings under coach, Paul Hall.
- His strongest event is the pommel horse, in which he has been a 2-time European Silver medallist and Commonwealth Games Champion.
- He represented Great Britain at the 2008 Summer Olympics where he won a Bronze Medal in the pommel horse category.
- In 2010 Louis joined Lucozade Sport as an Ambassador.
- He is part of the Great Britain team that won Bronze Medal in Men's Team Gymnastics (Artistic) at the 2012 Summer Olympics held at London. He won a Silver medal in pommel horse at the 2012 Olympics.