Mahe Drysdale Facts
New Zealand Sculls Rower
- Mahe Drysdale is a New Zealand Sculls Rower.
- He was born in 1978.
- 'Grandpa' is his nickname.
- He was a Commerce student at University of Auckland.
- West End Rowing Club is his club.
- Richard Tonks (NZL) is his coach.
- He has represented New Zealand in canoe-polo.
- He made his debut in 2001.
- He pulled a groin muscle and sustained scrapes and bruises when he hit the side of a car while training in 2011.
- He began at age 18 in 1996.
- He practises two or three times a day, six days a week.
- He competed in Beijing 2008, Athens 2004 Summer Olympic Games.
- Finishing in 6:57.82, he won the won the Olympic Gold Medal at the London 2012 Summer Olympics.