Malaysia Airlines Facts
Flag carrier airline of Malaysia
- Malaysia Airlines (MAS) operates its flights from its home base at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
- Their secondary hubs are in Kota Kinabalu and Kuching.
- The airline is a member of the Oneworld airline alliance.
- The airline commenced its operations from 1 October 1972.
- The airline has two subsidiaries - Firefly and MASwings.
- It has a fleet size of 150 and reaches to 61 destinations.
- The airline was earlier named - Malaysian Airline System.
- It again changed its name to Malaysia-Singapore Airlines but reverted back to its name after split with Singapore Airlines.
- There are only four accidents involving passenger fatalities on the airlines in its history (as of March 2014).