Manchester City Football Club Facts
English Premier League football club based in Manchester
- Manchester City Football Club is English Premier League profeesional Football club based in Manchester.
- The club was founded in 1880 as St. Mark's (West Gorton).
- The team got its name changed to Ardwick Association Football Club in 1887 and later to Manchester City in 1894.
- The City of Manchester Stadium is their home stadium since 2003.
- The club was purchased in 2008 by Abu Dhabi United Group and became one of the wealthiest in the world.
- The club is the first to be brought low by a financial scandal and had 17 players suspended and forcibly sold for low fees in 1906.
- City were the first team to have won a European trophy and subsequently play in the third tier of their league.
- City were also the first club to hold three trophies in a single season.
- City have provided five keepers for the English national side.
- City fans have been Voted the Most loyal fans in the English Premiership by the BFFA.
- In 2012, the club won the Premier League, their first league title for forty-four years.
- Manchester City Limited, is a private limited company, with approximately 54 million shares in issue, is the holding company of the FC.
- Their home colours are Sky blue and White.
- Their badge is based on the arms of the city of Manchester, and consists of a shield in front of a golden eagle.