Manmohan Singh Facts
Manmohan Singh is the current Prime Minister of India
- Manmohan Singh is the 13th Prime Minister of India.
- Manmohan Singh was born to Gurmukh Singh and Amrit Kaur on September 26, 1931 in Gah, Punjab of British India. He is married to Gursharan Kaur since 1958 and has three children - Upinder, Daman Singh and Amrit.
- He belongs to the Kohli clan.
- He is the second Prime Minister to return to power after Jawaharlal Nehru to return to power after completing a full five year term
- Manmohan Singh is the 7th Prime Minister belonging to the Indian National Congress party.
- Newsweek magazine in 2010 remarked Manmohan Singh as the model of what a political leader should be.
- Forbes magazine described Singh as being "universally praised as India's best prime minister since Nehru
- Manmohan Singh served as Governor of the Reserve Bank of India in 1983, chairman of the Planning Commission of India from 1985 to 1987 and as the Finance Minister of India in 1991.
- Manmohan Singh was awarded Padma Vibhushan in 1987.