Manny Pacquiao Facts
Filipino professional boxer
- Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao is a Filipino professional boxer
- He was born on December 17, 1978 in Kibawe, Bukidnon, Philippines to Rosalio Pacquiao and Dionesia Dapidran-Pacquiao
- He is 5ft 6.5 inches tall
- Pacquiao is a devout Roman Catholic. He attends a thanksgiving Mass in Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarena in Manila after every successful fight abroad
- Manny Pacquiao has several nicknames - Pac-Man, The Destroyer, Fighting Pride of the Philippines, The Mexicutioner, The People's Champ, Pambansang Kamao, The Fighting Congressman
- He is the first eight-division world champion and have won six world titles.
- He is the first to win the lineal championship in four different weight classes.
- Manny Pacquiao was named "Fighter of the Decade" for 2000s by the Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA).
- He also won The Ring and BWAA "Fighter of the Year" award in 2006, 2008 and 2009.
- He turned politician after getting elected to the House of Representatives in May 2010 for the 15th Congress of the Philippines, representing the province of Sarangani.
- Pacquiao is also participated in acting as well as music recording.
- Manny Pacquiao was elected to the House of Representatives in the 15th Congress of the Philippines, representing the province of Sarangani
- He is also the second highest paid athlete in the world.
- He is ranked number seven on The Ring pound for pound list.
- In 2009, he was conferred the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Humanities (Honoris Causa) by Southwestern University (SWU).
- He is the first Filipino athlete to appear on a postage stamp.
- He plays Basketball as a cross-training to keep himself in shape.
- He an honorary member of the Boston Celtics.
Photo by: UCinternational