Mario Gómez Facts
German football striker
- Mario Gómez García was born on 10 July 1985 in Riedlingen.
- He is a German footballer who plays as a striker.
- He joined Bayern after six years in VfB Stuttgart.
- He transferred for €30–35 million.
- At the age of 21 and was selected German footballer of the year.
- He can shoot with both feet.
- He is of German-Spanish descent.
- He has both German and Spanish citizenship but plays for the German football team.
- He is in long term relationship with his girl friend Silvia Meichel.
- He made his international debut playing for the German national team against Switzerland on February 7, 2007.
- He plays for FC Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga and the German national team.
- When Stuttgart became champions in 2006–07, he contributed 14 goals and 7 assists at the age of 21 and was selected German footballer of the year.
- He is nicknamed "Mr. Zuverlässig" or "Mr. Reliable".
- He can shoot with both feet, and is considered to be an aerial threat.
- He made the lone goal and brought the win for Germany against Portugal in Group B match of Euro 2012. In another match, he made two goals and seal victory against Netherlands.