Maryam Yusuf Jamal Facts
- Maryam Yusuf Jamal is a Baharain Athlete.
- She was born in 1984.
- Tareq Sabt Hasan is her husband. He formerly competed for Ethiopia as Mnashu Taye.
- As a young child she walked 16km to school each day and sometimes had to run if she was late. She began running seriously at age 15, in the same Ethiopian village where Haile Gebrselassie started out.
- She competed at the Beijing 2008 Olympics.
- She finished the Women's 1500m event in 4:10.74 and has won the London 2012 Olympics Bronze Medal.