Mitt Romney Facts
American businessman and the presumptive nominee of the Republican Party for President of the United States in the 2012 election.
- Willard Mitt Romney is the presumptive nominee of the Republican Party for President of the United States in the 2012 election. He lost the election to Barack Obama in November 2012.
- He was the 70th Governor of Massachusetts (2003-07).
- He is the son of Lenore and George W. Romney. George Romey was former Governor of Michigan.
- He left the United States to spend 30 months in France as a Mormon missionary.
- He was elected Governor of Massachusetts in 2002 but did not seek re-election in 2006.
- He ran for the Republican nomination in the 2008 U.S. presidential election, winning several primaries and caucuses but losing the nomination to John McCain.
- He is married to Ann Romney and has 5 children.
- According to his personal disclosures made in May 2012, he has a fortune of $250 million.