Nastia Liukin Facts
American artistic gymnast
- Anastasia Valeryevna "Nastia" Liukin is an American artistic gymnast.
- She was born on October 30, 1989.
- She is the 2008 Olympic individual all-around Champion.
- She won the 2005 and 2007 World Champion on the balance beam, and the 2005 World Champion on the uneven bars.
- With nine World Championships medals, seven of them individual, Liukin is tied with Shannon Miller for the second-highest tally of World Championship medals; Alicia Sacramone has ten.
- Liukin has also tied Miller's record as the American gymnast having won the most medals in a single non-boycotted Olympic Games.
- Despite the end of her gymnastic career, Liukin will go to 2012 Olympic team in London as the athlete representative for the Federation of International Gymnasts (FIG).