Patrick Stewart Facts
English film, television and stage actor
- Sir Patrick Hewes Stewart was born on 13 July 1940
- He is popular for his roles as Captain Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek series and Professor Charles Xavier in the X-Men film series, and as the voice of Avery Bullock in American Dad!.
- Throughout childhood, Stewart endured poverty and disadvantage.
- In 2006, Stewart made a short video against domestic violence for Amnesty International.
- He married Sheila Falcone and divorced in 1990. In 1997, he became engaged to Wendy Neuss, married her on 25 August 2000 and divorced three years later.
- Having lived in Los Angeles for many years, Stewart moved back to the UK in 2004.
- Stewart's son Daniel is a television actor.
- In July 2011 Stewart received an honourary doctorate of letters from the University of East Anglia.
- He appeared in more than 60 productions at the Royal Shakespeare Company.