Central European Country
- Poland is the 69th largest country in the world and the 9th largest in Europe in terms of area.
- It is the 34th most populous country in the world.
- It is a unitary state made up of 16 voivodeships.
- The country has 14 heritage sites inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage list.
- Vistula is the longest river in the country.
- Forests cover 28.8% of its land area.
- Polish armed forces are composed of four branches - land force, navy, air force and special force.
- Poland, along with Ukraine, is the host the 2012 UEFA European Football Championship.
- Polish observe name day which is more important that the birthday.
- Poland boasts 17 Nobel prize winners, including four Peace Prizes and five in Literature.
- 90% of Poles have completed at least secondary education.