An essential compound often taken as part of daily intake
- The word 'Protein' was coined by the Dutch Chemist Geradus Mulder in 1838. It comes from the Greek word "protos" which means "of prime importance."
- Proteins are actually large Compound made by combining smaller Amino Acids.
- Individuals typically need 1 gram of protein daily for each kilogram of their body Weight.
- Generally, proteins should account for 10-35% of your daily Calorie intake.
- Protein is an essential component of the Diet and helps in body repair Muscle, grow Tissue, regulate Hormones, control Metabolism, defend against illness etc.
- 8 of the essential Amino Acids that cannot be prepared by the human body are provided by proteins.
- Most of the proteins we take are burnt as calories.
- Most United States of America consume more than enough protein every day.
- Inadequate protein intake during Pregnancy may cause the Baby's weight to be less than optimal.