Sovereign Arab state located in the Middle East
- Qatar has a land border to the south with Saudi Arabia and is surrounded by the Persian Gulf on the other sides.
- It has the world's highest per capita GDP.
- Forbes ranks it to be the World's richest country.
- It was ruled as an absolute monarchy by the Al Thani family since the mid-19th century
- Oil and gas are the backbone of the country's economy.
- The Doha International Airport is its main airport.
- Football and Cricket are popular sports in the country.
- Islam is the predominant religion.