Province in east-central Canada
- Quebec City is its capital.
- It is a province with a predominantly French-speaking population.
- It is the only one whose sole official language is French at the provincial level.
- It is Canada's largest province by area and its second-largest administrative division and second most populous province, after Ontario.
- 'Quebec' translates to 'where the river narrows'.
- The province is also called 'La belle province'.
- It has one of the world's largest reserves of freshwater occupying 12% of its surface.
- The Lake Mistassini is the largest natural lake in Quebec.
- More than 95% of Quebec's territory lies within the Canadian Shield.
- Snowy owl is the official bird.
- Ice hockey and lacrosse are the national sport.
- William Shatner and Celine Dion are from Quebec.