Real Madrid Facts
Actually named Royal Madrid Football Club
- Real Madrid was founded in 1902 as Madrid Football Club.
- 'Real' is the Spanish word for 'Royal'.
- The club established itself as a major force in both Spanish and European football during the 1950s.
- The club is the richest football club in terms of annual revenue, generating €438.6 million in 2011.
- It is the second most valuable, worth €1.4 billion.
- Santiago Bernabéu Stadium in downtown Madrid is its home ground since 1947.
- Alongside, Athletic Bilbao and Barcelona, it is amongst the top three Spanish football destinations.
- The team won 9 European Cup/UEFA Champions League titles and a joint record 3 Intercontinental Cups, 2 UEFA Cups, and one UEFA Super Cup.