Robert De Niro Facts
Film actor, director and producer
- He was born in Greenwich Village of New York City.
- His father Robert De Niro, Sr. is a poet, painter and a sculptor.
- De Niro studied acting.
- His first movie role came in 1963 in The Wedding Party. The film had a delayed release and came out in 1969.
- The 1970 Bloody Mama is his second movie.
- American by nationality, he has citizenship of both United States and Italy.
- He was awarded the Italian citizenship at the Venice Film Festival in September 2004.
- His role as young Vito Corleone in The Godfather Part II won him the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in 1974.
- His next Academy Award for Best Actor came for his portrayal of Jake LaMotta in the 1980 film Raging Bull.
- He was nominated 4 times for the Academy Awards.
- He won numerous awards and nominations including multiple nominations for the Golden Globe Award and BAFTA.
- He is a supporter of the Democratic Party, and vocally supported Al Gore in the 2000 presidential election and John Kerry in the 2004 presidential electios.
- De Niro is set to act in a movie on the film on Bernard Madoff's financial fraud.