Robert John Downey Junior Facts
- Robert John Downey Junior made his screen debut at the age of five!
- He first appeared in his father's film Pound.
- He appeared in roles associated with the Brat Pack, such as Less Than Zero and Weird Science.
- His appearance in 1992 film Chaplin, earning him a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Actor.
- He was released from the California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and State Prison in 2000 for drug charges.
- He joined the cast of the TV series Ally McBeal playing Calista Flockhart's love interest.
- His performance was praised and he received a Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries, or Television Film.
- His character was written out when Downey was fired after two drug arrests in late 2000 and early 2001.
- After one last stay in a court-ordered drug treatment program, Downey finally achieved sobriety.
- He reprised the role in Iron Man 2 and The Avengers, and will do so again in Iron Man 3, set to release in 2013.
- In 2009, he played the title character in Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes and again in 2011's Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.
- Indio is his son.