Romulo Davide Facts
Agriculture scientist from Philippines
- Romulo Davide is receipent of the 2012 Ramon Magsaysay Award for 'turning farmers into scientist-producers'.
- He was born in the mountain barrio of Colawin in Argao, Cebu Province.
- He worked in the farms as a child and got hands-on knowledge on agriculture.
- He received a Doctor of Philosophy in Nematology-Plant Pathology, North Carolina State University in 1965 and received advanced training in the United States and Ireland.
- He is hailed as the country's 'Father of Plant Nematology'.
- He worked as the director of the National Crop Protection Center (1989-92).
- He was named as the “Outstanding Agricultural Scientist” by the Department of Agriculture in 1994.