Samsung Electronics Facts
South Korean Electronics Company
- Samsung Electronics has its headquarters in Suwon, South Korea.
- It is a subsidiary of the Samsung Group. The parent company was into 80-odd businesses.
- It is world's largest information technology company by revenues since 2009.
- It has sales network in 88 countries and has 370,000 employees.
- It is world's largest vendor in the Mobile phone and Smartphone markets.
- It is world's largest maker of LCD panels since 2002, the world's largest Television manufacturer since 2006 and world's largest manufacturer of mobile phones since 2011.
- Since 1993, it is the largest producer of Computer memory in the world.
- It launched the first 3-D home theatre and first Full HD 3D LED TV in 2010.
- Samsung developed the flexible AMOLED panel used in mobile phones. It has WVGA resolution that is four times clearer than the traditional displays.