San Francisco Giants Facts
MLB team based in San Francisco
- San Francisco Giants is a Major League Baseball team based in San Francisco.
- The team is originally called New York Giants but changed its name having moved to San Francisco in 1958.
- They have won 22 National League pennants and appeared in 19 World Series competition.
- Their rivalry with the Los Angeles Dodgers is one of the longest-standing rivalries and is regarded as one of the biggest in American baseball.
- As of 2012, the team had 66 representatives of the Giants (55 players and 11 managers) into the MLB Hall of Fame - more than any team in baseball history.
- Bill Neukom owns the team.
- They won the team seven times 1905, 1921, 1922, 1933, 1954, 2010, 2012.
- AT&T Park is their home stadium.
- Mel Ott was the first Giants player to have a season of 150 or more RBIs.
- Johnny Mize was the first player in a Giants unifrom to hit 50 home runs in a single season.
- Bill Rigney was the first manager for the team.
- There were 14 Triple Crown winners in the 20th Century but none from the Giants.
- In October 2012, they defeated Detroit Tigers to win the 2012 Basketball World Series.