Shawn Johnson Facts
American artistic gymnast
- Shawn Machel Johnson is a retired American artistic gymnast.
- She was born on January 19, 1992.
- She was the 2008 Olympic balance beam gold medalist and all-around, and floor exercise silver medalist.
- She was the 2007 all-around World Champion, and the 2007 and 2008 U.S. all-around champion.
- In 2009, she became the winner of the season eight edition of Dancing with the Stars.
- She ended her 2012 Olympic team comeback but decided to retire because of her constant problems regarding her left knee on June 3, 2012.