Six Nations Championship Facts
Annual international rugby union competition involving six European sides
- Six Nations Championship is an annual international rugby union competition.
- It involves six European teams: England, France, Ireland, Italy, Scotland and Wales.
- The Six Nations is the successor to the Five Nations Championship.
- The winners of the Six Nations Championship are also known as the European Champions.
- Wales won each of its matches played during the 2012 Championship, to achieve a Triple Crown and Grand Slam.
- Jonny Wilkinson holds the records for individual points in one match (35 points against Italy in 2001) and one season with 89 (scored in 2001).
- The most points scored by a team in one match was England when they scored 80 points against Italy in 2001.
- England also scored the most ever points in a season in 2001 with 229, and most tries in a season with 28.