Russia's largest resort city
- Sochi is located to the north of Russia.
- The city is the venue for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games and the Paralympic Winter Games.
- It will also be the venue for the Russian Formula One Grand Prix from 2014 until at least 2020.
- It is also one of the host cities for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- At 145 kilometers (90 mi), Greater Sochi claims to be the longest city in Europe.
- Before 1864 Sochi was a Muslim town dominated by the native people of the local mountaineer of Ubykhia. The city is now dominated with Christians.