Season between March and May of a year
- Spring is one of the four temparete seasons.
- It is the transition from Winter to Summer.
- This season is often associated with rebirth, renewal and regrowth.
- Sun rises in the earlier hours of the morning and sets later on in the afternoon.
- Spring days get slightly warmer.
- Spring flowers start to appear, birds start building their nests and the farmers deliver new-born lambs.
- Spring weather will be varied with some days cold enough to snow, and some days warm enough to play out in the garden. The spring months can also be awfully windy.
- First day of spring is also called the vernal equinox. 'Vernal' and 'equinox' are Latin terms meaning 'spring' and 'equal night' respectively. Hence, the day exactly 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness, though not exactly technically so. This generally falls on March 20 / 21 every year.
- At the spring equinox, days are close to 12 hours long with day length increasing as the season progresses.
- Spring is a season for ideas of rebirth, rejuvenation, renewal, resurrection, and regrowth.
- In spring, the Earth's axis is tilted toward the sun, increasing the number of daylight hours and bringing warmer weather that causes plants to bring forth new growth.
- Frogs lays her frogspawn in the water mostly in March.
- Plants begin to grow in Spring because of ample availability of water, light, warmth and soil (compost).
- Flooding is common in and near mountainous area because of melting of snow.
- Hurricane season also begins in late spring.
- Tornado Alley is most active this time of year.
- Iranian people observes the first day of spring (on or around March 21) as the beginning of the new year, Nowruz.