Stephen Colbert Facts
American political satirist, writer, comedian, television host, and actor
- Colbert is born on May 13, 1964 and is named as Stephen Tyrone Colbert.
- He is popular for the character he portrays on The Colbert Report.
- He originally studied to be an actor, but became interested in improvisational theatre.
- The Colbert Report done by him is actually a spinoff from the series The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
- Colbert Report is a parody of personality-driven political opinion show.
- Colbert three Emmy Award nominations for his comedy character.
- He was named one of Time's 100 most influential people in 2006.
- In May 2011, he filed a request with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) asking for a media exemption for coverage of his political action committee, ColbertPAC, on The Colbert Report.
- In June 2011, during a public meeting, the FEC voted 5-1 to grant The Colbert Report a limited media exemption.
- Colbert is a producer of The 1 Second Film, the world's largest nonprofit collaborative art film.
- His Super PAC as raised $1.02 million, according to filing with FEC in January 2012.