Steve Jobs Facts
American Businessman and Chairman of Apple Inc.
- He was born on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco, California, US.
- Steve Jobs married Laurene Powell on March 18, 1991.
- He has two songs and a daughter.
- Steve Jobs co-founded Apple with Steve Wozniak and Mike Markkula.
- Steve Jobs is the Chairman of Apple Inc. He earlier served as as CEO of Apple, to which he resigned on August 24, 2011.
- Jobs takes only $1 a year as salary and holds 5.426 million Apple shares and 138 million shares in Disney.
- Steve Jobs's wealth is the 43rd wealthiest American with an estimated wealth of $5.1 billion in 2009.
- He previously served as chief executive of Pixar Animation Studios.
- Steve Jobs is credited as the executive producer of 1995 movie Toy Story.
- Steve was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2004.
- In April 2009, he underwent a liver transplant at Methodist University Hospital Transplant Institute in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Steve Jobs was awarded the National Medal of Technology from President Ronald Reagan in 1984.
- He was named the most powerful business person by Fortune Magazine on November 27, 2007.
- Steve Jobs was inducted into the California Hall of Fame on December 5, 2007.