Steven Spielberg Facts
American film director, screenwriter, producer, and studio entrepreneur
- Steven Allan Spielberg is an American film director, screenwriter, producer, and studio entrepreneur.
- He has a career spanning for more than four decades.
- He is also one of the co-founders of DreamWorks movie studio.
- He won the Academy Award for Best Director for Schindler's List (1993) and Saving Private Ryan (1998).
- Three of his filmsóJaws (1975), E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982), and Jurassic Park (1993) achieved box office records, each becoming the highest-grossing film made at the time.
- To date, the unadjusted gross of all Spielberg-directed films exceeds $8.5 billion worldwide.
- Forbes puts Spielberg's wealth at $3.2 billion.
- He was born on December 18, 1946 in Cincinnati, Ohio, to a Jewish family.
- His father was an electrical engineer involved in the development of computers.
- His mother was a restaurateur and concert pianist.
- In 1958, he became a Boy Scout, and fulfilled a requirement for the photography merit badge by making a nine-minute 8 mm film entitled The Last Gunfight.
- In 2007, Spielberg was diagnosed with dyslexia.