Tina Maze Facts
Slovenian Alpine Skiing Athlete
- Tina Maze is a Slovenian Alpine Skiing Athlete.
- She was born on May 2, 1983.
- The Amazing and Tinky are her nicknames.
- She is a Police Officer be profession.
- She began to ski at age three in her hometown and on the neighbouring slopes of Crna na Koroskem, Slovenia.
- She was named the 2013 International Association of Ski Journalists [AIJS] Skieur d'Or.
- She was named Slovenian Athlete of the Year in 2005, 2010, and 2011. She has also won the International Matteo Baumgarten Award in her career.
- In March 2013 police were recruited to protect her after she received an anonymous email threatening her safety while racing in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany.
- She is involved in the design of jewellery, and had a fraction of her 2011 World Championship winning skis implanted into pieces of silver jewellery to be sold as part of her collaboration with the Lencia company.
- She won two Gold-medals (Women's Downhill and Women's Giant Slalom) events at the 2014 Winter Olympics at Sochi, Russia.