United States Army Facts
Main branch of the US Armed Forces
- United States Army is one of the seven uniformed services of the United States.
- US Army is the largest and oldest established branch of the U.S. military.
- The Army considers itself to be descended from the Continental Army.
- The force was first brought together on June 14, 1775 so as to fight in the American Revolution.
- During the World War II, the US Army had more ships than the US Navy.
- The army is headed by the Secretary of the Army, and the top military officer in the department is the Chief of Staff of the Army.
- It has three branches - the Regular Army, the Army National Guard and the Army Reserves.
- The combined component strength of the US Army is at 1,129,275 soldiers with 561,984 Active personnel.
- The Army Combat Uniform came into force as the uniform on October 1, 2007.