Hindu God, One amongst the three supreme Gods of Hinduism
- Lord Vishnu has over a thousand names. However, the most prominent of them all all carries the meaning "All-Pervading".
- Vaisnavites are the people whose supreme God is Vishnu.
- Lakshmi is his consort.
- He is best known through his ten avatars (incarnations).
- Matsya (Fish), Kurma (Turtle), Varaha (Boar), Narasimha (Man-Lion), Vamana (Dwarf), Parashurama (Warrior-Priest), Rama (Prince), Krishna (Cow-herd), Buddha (Sage) and Kalki (Horseman) are the ten incarnations.
- The four hands of Vishnu express dominion over the four directions of space.
- His four hands are filled with four items - Conch shell, Discus (Chakra), Lotus and Mace.
- Puranas describe him as having the divine colour of water filled clouds.