Yu Darvish Facts
Starting pitcher for Texas Rangers
- Yu Darvishsefad pitched in the 2008 Beijing Olympics. He also pitched at the 2009 World Baseball Classic as a member of the Japanese national team.
- Darvish is considered the best pitcher in Japanese professional baseball.
- Darvish was born to an Iranian father, Farsad Darvishsefad, and a Japanese mother, Ikuyo. He was born in Habikino, Osaka on August 16, 1986.
- Darvish began playing baseball in second grade. He attended Tohoku High School.
- On January 6th, 2011 Darvish agreed to a contract for the 2011 season that would make him the highest paid player in Japan with a salary of 500 million Japanese Yen.
- On January 18 2012, Texas Rangers signed Darvish to a $60M dollar contract for six years with a player option to void the last year.